Vein Ablation in Butterworth Farms, NJ 07960
An Overview of Laser Vein Ablation in Morris County, NJ
Offering fast, long-lasting results, it’s no wonder why vein ablation is such a popular treatment method for varicose veins. If you’re looking for a way to effectively treat the varicose veins in your legs, reduce your pain, and improve your appearance, you may be considering laser vein ablation yourself. Before you proceed, however, you probably have some questions. What is varicose vein ablation? What should you expect? What are the benefits of this procedure? To find answers to these questions and more, continue reading and then contact Montville MedSpa and Pain Center, a leading Morris County vein clinic that specializes in vein ablation surgery.
What is Laser Vein Ablation?
Laser vein ablation, also referred to as vascular ablation, varicose vein ablation surgery, and leg vein ablation, is a vascular procedure that is used to treat damaged and diseased veins. It is one of the safest, most effective, and most widely used treatments for varicose veins.
Varicose veins occur when the valves in the veins become faulty and allow blood to pool in the veins or flow in the wrong direction. Under normal circumstances, arteries carry blood from the heart to the legs, and it travels back up to the heart through the veins. One-way valves within the veins prevent the blood from pooling and from flowing in the wrong direction. When the walls of a vein lose elasticity and stretch out, the valve within the vein can weaken. When the valve weakens, blood from the legs can start flowing in the wrong direction and pool within the veins. As the blood pools, the veins varicose; they become enlarged, swollen, and twisted.
Laser vein ablation is a minimally invasive surgical procedure that is used to treat varicose veins. It involves using heat that is generated by a laser to seal off the affected vein. Once the vein is sealed off, blood can no longer circulate through it. Without blood flow, the vein disappears.
What Happens During Laser Vein Ablation?
At Montville MedSpa and Pain Center, all laser vein ablation procedures are completed at our state-of-the-art Butterworth Farms, NJ facility. Prior to the procedure, you will be asked to change into a hospital gown. You will then be asked to lie on an examination table. The position that you will be asked to lie in depends on the location of the vein that is being treated.
After applying a numbing agent to the area, our board-certified physician, who will be assisted by highly skilled and certified members of our staff, will conduct an ultrasound to assess the vein. Then, a small incision of about 2-mm will be made in the surface of your skin and a flexible tube (catheter) will be fed through the incision until it is positioned next to the varicose vein. Once in place, a laser fiber will be fed through the catheter so that it’s lying within close proximity to the vein. The doctor will then gently pull on the catheter to remove it, and while doing so, the laser fiber will apply heat to the length of the varicose vein. The laser fiber will then be removed, the incision site will be cleaned, and after discussing post-treatment care, you will be free to return to your home.
What are the Benefits of Laser Vein Ablation?
As mentioned, laser vein ablation is one of the most popular techniques used to treat varicose veins. There are several reasons why it is the preferred varicose vein treatment among health care professionals and patients alike. Some of the most notable benefits include:
- Minimally invasive. Compared to other procedures that are used to treat varicose veins, such as vein ligation and stripping, laser vein ablation is minimally invasive. Anesthesia is not required; simply numbing the treatment site is all that is needed. Additionally, because the incision is so small, stitches aren’t necessary.
- Fast recovery. You can start walking immediately following varicose vein ablation surgery (in fact, you will be asked to get up and start walking right after the treatment). You can also return to your normal routine right after the procedure. Most patients report that they have been able to start performing their normal routines right away.
- Virtually pain-free. Since this treatment is minimally invasive, once the area that will be treated is numbed, the procedure is virtually pain-free. In fact, the majority of people who have had this treatment say that they experienced no pain at all, and those who did experience any discomfort said that it was minor and that it subsided very quickly
- Effective, long-lasting results. Many remedies that are recommended for varicose veins yield minimal results, and the results that they do provide are only temporary. The results that are associated with vascular ablation, on the other hand, are extremely effective and long-lasting. Once the blood supply to a varicose vein is interrupted, the swollen, twisted vein will no longer be visible and will never return.
- It’s safe. Lastly, varicose vein ablation surgery is extremely safe. Compared to other procedures that are used to treat venous disorders, such as vein ligation and stripping, the complications that are associated with vein ligation are far lower.
How Long Does it Take to See Results?
If your varicose veins are causing you pain, laser vein ligation may also provide you with immediate relief, as most of the patients that have undergone vein ligation at our Morris County facility said that they experienced almost instant pain relief. Many of our patients have also said that they noticed less swelling in the vein within about a week; however, it can take several weeks or months to see the varicose vein that has been treated disappear completely.
Interested in Learning More? Get in Touch with Montville MedSpa and Pain Clinic Today!
If you’re interested in vein ablation and you would like to learn more about this procedure, contact Butterworth Farms, NJ’s most trusted vein clinic: Montville MedSpa and Pain Clinic. Our board-certified physician will be happy to provide you with a comprehensive assessment and answer any questions that you may have.
For more information about varicose vein ablation, please call 973-794-3958 or visit us online atwww.MontvilleMed.com and submit the contact form directly from our website. We look forward to hearing from you and helping you improve your appearance and comfort with laser vein ablation.
Useful links for Butterworth Farms, NJ
- Open a Butterworth Farms, NJ map
- Find the Butterworth Farms, NJ United States Post Office
- Locate nearby Butterworth Farms, NJ pharmacies
- View the current Butterworth Farms, NJ weather report
- Browse a list of Butterworth Farms, NJ public and private schools
- Butterworth Farms, NJ is located in Morris county in New Jersey State