Enhance your beauty with the latest in medspa technology
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR? EXPERIENCE IT FOR YOURSELF
Vein Ablation in Lake Arrowhead, NJ 07834
Is Vascular Ablation in Morris County Right for You?
At Montville MedSpa and Pain Center, a leading Morris County vein clinic, we specialize in varicose vein ablation. This minimally invasive procedure is used to treat chronic venous insufficiency conditions, such as varicose veins. Laser vein ablation is highly effective, the recovery time is fast, and it is extremely safe; hence why it is one of the most commonly used methods to treat varicose veins.
If you are experiencing puffy, swollen, and discolored veins in your legs, varicose vein ablation surgery may be the solution you’ve been looking for. Read on to learn more about vascular ablation and then give our Lake Arrowhead, NJ office a call to set up a consultation with a board-certified doctor who specializes in leg vein ablation.
Vascular Ablation Explained
Vascular ablation (also referred to as vein ablation surgery or simply vein ablation)is a minimally invasive medical procedure that is used to treat damaged and diseased veins. In fact, it’s a preferred varicose vein treatment option among patients and health care providers.
To understand what vascular ablation is and how it works, you first need to understand how varicose veins occur. The veins pump blood back to the heart. They feature one-way valves that prevent the blood from flowing in the wrong direction and pooling in the veins. If the vein walls become damaged or diseased – for example, an excessive amount of pressure is placed on them for a prolonged period of time – they weaken and lose elasticity. When that happens, the one-way valves can also become damaged, and as a result, blood can flow in the wrong direction, pool, and the vein can become enlarged and swollen – or varicose.
Vascular ablation surgery involves using heat generated by a laser to cut off the blood supply to a varicose vein. A small incision is made in the skin and a catheter containing a laser fiber is inserted into the incision so that it runs alongside the varicose vein. The laser heats the length of the vein, which seals it off and prevents blood from circulating through it. When the blood supply is disrupted, the swelling subsides and eventually, the vein disappears.
Benefits of Vascular Ablation
Vascular ablation is the preferred method of treatment for varicose veins because it provides a number of benefits. Some of the most notable benefits include:
- It’s minimally invasive. Other surgical procedures that are used to treat varicose veins, such as vein ligation and stripping, are considered invasive, as surgical incisions and anesthesia are required. Vein ablation only requires a small incision of about 2-mm in size, so there are no stitches involved, and anesthesia is not necessary.
- Fast recovery time. Because this procedure is minimally invasive, the recovery time is a lot faster than other methods that are used to treat varicose veins. Most patients report being able to resume their regular activities right after surgery (with a few exceptions, such as swimming and running) until the incision site heals.
- Minimal pain. The majority of people who have had this procedure done at our Morris County vein clinic have said that they experienced little to no pain. Any discomfort that our patients have experienced has been minimal and subsides rather quickly.
- It’s very effective. Vein ablation yields highly effective results. Once a varicose vein is treated with laser ablation, it will not reappear.
- It’s safe. It has been proven that vascular ablation is much safer than other varicose vein treatments. The risk of complications is far less than the risk that’s associated with vein ligation and stripping, for example.
What Should You Expect Post-Vascular Ablation Surgery?
After your procedure has been completed, the doctor will review post-surgical care tips. Some of the things that you will be advised to do after this surgery include:
- Checking the surgical site daily to make sure it is free of infection
- Applying ice to the incision and the area that was treated
- Elevating the treated leg while sitting or lying down
- Avoiding standing for prolonged periods of time
- Walking on a regular basis
- Avoiding strenuous activities, such as running or jumping, until the doctor gives you the all-clear
- Avoiding getting the incision site wet until it is fully healed
Depending on your specific circumstances, you may be advised of other post-surgical care tips.
After surgery, many of the patients of our Morris County clinic have reported almost instant relief from the pain that their varicose veins were causing. A lot of patients also say that they noticed less swelling in the vein within a week; however, it can take a few months before the full effects are visible.
Are You a Candidate for Vascular Ablation?
If you are experiencing any of the following symptoms, you might be a candidate for varicose vein ablation surgery:
- You have visible varicose veins
- Your varicose veins are painful and unsightly
- You are experiencing edema (swelling) in your ankles and feet
- Your legs are aching and throbbing
- Your legs are itchy on a constant basis
- You are experiencing restless leg syndrome (RLS) or cramping in your legs
If you are experiencing any of these symptoms – even if you don’t see any visible signs of varicose veins – you should schedule an appointment with a doctor who specializes in vein ablation surgery. After reviewing your symptoms and conducting a comprehensive medical examination, together, you and your doctor will be able to determine if this procedure is the right option for you.
For More Information About Vein Ablation Surgery, Contact Montville MedSpa and Pain Center Today!
If you’re located in the Lake Arrowhead, NJ area and you think that varicose vein ablation may be the right choice for you, contact Montville MedSpa and Pain Center. As a leading Morris County vein clinic, our board-certified doctor has erased the varicose veins of countless patients. To learn more about this safe and effective treatment or to schedule a consultation, please call 973-794-3958 or visit our website atwww.MontvilleMed.com and submit our online contact form. One of our friendly and knowledgeable associates will be happy to answer all of your questions and set up an appointment at a time that’s most convenient for you.